The sixth year of the contest of young glass designers and glass makers Sanssouci Junior Glass Match took place in Karlovy Vary between 22 and 24 March 2013. Approximately sixty students of glass design and glass making from 14 secondary schools, colleges and universities from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia entered this international contest with their works. The prizes were awarded during a ceremony in Spa Resort Sanssouci on Saturday 23 March 2013.
Results of the contest:
Older students category (colleges and universities)
1) Tereza Anderlová, Tomáš Baťa University in Zlín - For an outstanding symbiosis of her hobby – hunting – and its transformation into objects of art. For a novel approach to decorativism in glass.
2) Marta Vjatráková, Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava - For a well-thought conceptual contrast of beauty and decay.
3) Sylwia Świerc, Academy of Fine Arts and Design, Wroclaw - For a witty connection of tradition, history and décor.
Younger students category (secondary schools)
1) Mariana Romanová, Secondary School of Applied Arts for Glassmaking in Lednické Rovne - For an individual and emotive approach to a spiritual theme.
2) Tereza Korbelová, Secondary School of Applied Arts for Glassmaking in Kamenický Šenov - For a spectacular and magical connection of a natural theme with geometrical morphology.
3) Magdalena Smejkalová, Secondary School of Applied Arts for Glassmaking in Kamenický Šenov - For an innovative use of various technologies leading to creation of a contemporary jewel.
Prize for craftsmanship:
Ábel Tamás, Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest - For a combination of cold glass techniques in connection with the use of optical effects. For a contrast of polished outer surface with the inner structures of chipped glass.
Spa Resort Sanssouci prize:
Alena Dvořáková, Higher, Secondary and Apprentice Glass School in Nový Bor - For the visual sensation: an amazing light horizon stretches through black abyss.
The authors of the awarded works received prizes donated by Imperial Karlovy Vary a.s. All works were exhibited during the contest in the premises of Spa Resort Sanssouci. A selection of contest exhibits will be displayed in the Spa Resort Sanssouci's SunGallery in Karlovy Vary between 24 March and 12 July 2013.